What Is Om Mani Padme Hum?
Om Mani Padme Hum is a common phrase used in Buddhist mantra meditation, and is usually translated to mean The Jewel Is In The Lotus.
It is said to be one of the most powerful mantras, such that even saying it a single time can be enough for an experienced disciple to release negative karma and achieve enlightenment!
While there are innumerable benefits of om mani padme hum, Buddhist tradition tells us there are 15 primary reasons to use this mantra. The major 15 benefits of reciting Om Mani Padme Hum are:
- In every life, you will meet with virtuous kings, or spiritual leaders, which will provide the opportunity to practice Dharma.
- You will always be born in a place where the practice of Dharma is widespread and easily available. For example, you will have access to temples, gurus, and practices to help you attain joy and enlightenment.
- You will always have all of the necessary conditions for your practice. You will have enough good fortune to be able to practice your meditations and teachings.
- You will have opportunities to meet virtuous friends.
- You will have a body that is perfect and capable of carrying you towards enlightenment.
- Your mind will become attuned to the path of virtue.
- You will create a strong sense of personal morality, which will not diminish.
- People in your life will be harmonious with you.
- You will always have enough financial well-being and wealth to live well.
- You will always be protected and served by others.
- You will not lose your wealth to thieves and robbers.
- You will have the ability to succeed at whatever you choose for yourself.
- You will always be protected by virtuous nagas and devas.
- In every life you will be in a position to see Buddha and hear the Dharma.
- When you hear the Dharma, you will be able to understand and practice the divine meaning of emptiness.
Anyone who recites this mantra and uses it consistently in meditation will be able to develop these virtues.