Enjoy inner peace during our forest meditation with this guided meditation. Your internal energy can be balanced by learning this formal meditation posture (Seven-Point Meditation Posture) and allow your energy run smoothly during meditation. Master Miao Jing will guide you step by step how to meditate and practicing in sound meditation and mantra meditation in the forest. Mindfulness meditation can be practiced anytime, anywhere. You will learn how to sit in the formal meditation posture by the end of this video.
Seven-Point Meditation Posture
Relax the whole body. When the body is relaxed, the mind will also be in a relaxed state.
- The sitting posture: You can sit in Full Lotus Pose (two legs crossed) or Half Lotus pose (a single leg crossed, and a single leg relaxed).
- The Hands: Place the right palm resting on the left palm with the thumbs gently touching.
- The body: The spine must be upright, so that the body’s centre channel will be straight, allowing Chi to flow smoothly.
- The shoulders should be sagging, relaxed, and balanced.
(The arms should NOT be held tightly against the body, because allowing air flow to the acupuncture points under the armpits can prevent drowsiness).
- The head: Tuck the chin and head inward gently.
- The mouth: The tip of the tongue gently touches the roof of the mouth.
- The eyes: Cast the eyes down naturally at a 45-degree angle or look straight ahead.