Date: Sunday, May 16, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This year, due to the COVID-19 epidemic, the Great Compassion Bodhi Prajna Temple, in compliance with government regulations, is unable to open the temple to the public for the Buddha’s Birthday and Bathing celebration, as we have done in previous years.
However, GCBP Temple has arranged an online Buddha Bathing ceremony.
-Teaching about Buddha’s birth, and the meaning of Bathing Buddha.
-Bathing Buddha Ceremony.
The Sutra on the Merit of Bathing [the Buddha]:
If someone is able to make offerings to the Buddha, they will attain the fifteen extraordinary virtues.
1. They will often behave modestly
2. They will demonstrate a heart of pure faith
3. Their heart will be righteous
4. They will become close with virtuous friends
5. They will maintain their wisdom and understanding of the Dharma
6. They will always perceive the various Buddhas
7. They will always uphold the true Dharma
8. Their speech and actions will be in accordance with Buddhist teachings
9. According to their own wishes, they may gain birth in Buddha’s Pure Land
10. They will be born into honourable families in the human realm, be respected by others, and be happy.
11. Being born in the human realm, they will naturally recite Buddha’s name
12. An army of the various maras will not cause them harm or anger
13. They will be able to protect the true Dharma during the Dharma ending age
14. They will have the protection of the various Buddhas of the ten directions
15. They will quickly be able to attain the five characteristics of the Dharma Body.
Please join us for this ceremony, pray for everyone’s health, the joy and good fortune of every family, and the safety and peace of the entire world!